httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: License text in source
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2000 21:06:49 GMT

A couple reasons not to fix it.

1)  We need to replace the whole license with the 1.1 version.

2)  A pointer to the license file and a url is much easier to keep up to
date.

3)  It is a real pain to do this by hand, and I am waiting for a tool from
Pier to do it automatically.

We discussed this at Epcot on Saturday, and I was going to post something
later today.  The basic idea was replace the License text in the source
with soemthing like:

This file is protected by the Apache Software Foundation license, which
can be foundin the License file at the top level of this tree, or at
http://www.apache.org/License.

Ryan

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> With the ApacheGroup->ASF textual change, some of the lines blow
> past col80. I'd like to clean that up, but before we do that,
> what do people think about replacing that whole thing with a simple
> pointer to License, both in the src tree and online?
> --
>    Jim Jagielski   [|]   jim@jaguNET.com   [|]   http://www.jaguNET.com/
>                 "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"

406 29th St.