httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: 2.0 bug reports
Date Sat, 11 Mar 2000 09:50:54 GMT
On Sat, 11 Mar 2000, Jim Winstead wrote:
> On Mar 11, Martin Pool wrote:
> > I'm not saying Bugzilla is perfect, but it's arguably the best thing going.
>
> Well, someone at the PHP BOF today at Apachecon pointed out the
> bug database used for the PHP project is actually fairly nice.
> Its pretty bare-bones, but some people might consider that a feature.
> Bugzilla is definitely on the clunky side.

I've been using it for mod_dav with some great success. My version has a
number of improvements over the original copy of the PHP bugdb code.

btw, I agree Bugzilla is a bit clunky. When the front page of it has two
dozen choices, fields, etc, there is no way to call it "simple" :-)

> I know Brian appears to have some plans with this in connection
> with Tigris (www.tigris.org, although this crappy net connection
> won't actually let me view web stuff so I can check to see if
> there's relevant content up there yet).

Yup. There is also a design competition at software-carpentry.com to
produce a bug database. A friend of mine is submitting an entry, and I
plan to help a little bit with it. The result of the competition "should"
be quite nice.

Cheers,
-g

--