httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: Apache 2.0 alpha. (again) :)
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2000 22:23:31 GMT

> > It hasn't been a portable run-time for a long time.  It has been a
> > portability run-time since almost the beginning.  The difference is
> > slight, but instead of just doing routines that have portability issues,
> > we are doing anything that is portable and useful to other Open Source
> > projects,
>
> That's the way I understood it. However, I have no problems undoing the
> changes and then also moving md5 from apr back to apache. Though some of
> the md5, sha1, and base64 functions do distinguish between ascii and
> ebcdic platforms.

Please don't move anything.  Leave the changes alone, because they are
good changes.  The stuff in apr belongs in apr.  I personally believe the
validate password stuff belongs in apr as well, because it makes it easy
to validate two passwords very quickly without having to do strcmp's.  I
suggest leaving it alone and we'll discuss it in more detail after the
alpha.

Ryan

Conference!!!   <http://ApacheCon.Com/>

406 29th St.