httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: copyright on 2.0a
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2000 17:29:17 GMT
On Thu, 9 Mar 2000, Sascha Schumann wrote:
> Sure. I have no problem whatsoever to oversign the copyright of the
> contributed files to the ASF.
>
> I'm just curious about the nature of your request. Is it because of
> historic reasons or because of certain legal aspects?

Historical and cultural. We try to avoid personal ownership and
attribution within the code, favoring the notion that the whole group is
responsible for the software. Although, in some files there are mentions
of the "author", in the sense of who originally wrote it and can probably
provide the best support and bug-fixing for it. In this case, we usually
say "Originally written by Sascha Schumann."

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/