httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: Apache 2.0 alpha. (again) :)
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2000 01:41:02 GMT

I would personally prefer you waited until tomorrow evening.  I say that,
only because I am very busy, and I know things compile right now, if you
comit and, for some reason, things break, I won't have time to fix things
before we are supposed to release.  At the same time, we aren't officially
freezing the tree, so feel free to commit, just be sure things work when
you do.  :-)

Ryan

On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Life is hard, and then you die. wrote:

> One day, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> >
> > If there are no screams of anger and outrage by 5:00 tomorrow evening, I
> > will tag the apache-2.0 tree and create a tarball at that time.  We can
> > then release the alpha Friday afternoon.
>
> I have a bunch of fixes and changes which I'm almost ready to commit -
> should I wait with them? Otherwise I'd commit tonight.
>
> To be specific, the changes involve moving the sha1 and base64 encoding
> stuff from apache to apr, get Basic authentication working with SHA1
> passwords again, have some fixes to ap_lock (type and scope are mixed
> up), and should hopefully get mod_auth_digest working (the random seed
> stuff still needs adding to apr, but I'll wait with that).
>
> Side question: ap_validate_password() is currently in apr - should it
> move back to apache (src/ap/) again? It seems somewhat too Apache
> specific for apr.
>

>   Cheers,
>
>   Ronald

Conference!!!   <http://ApacheCon.Com/>