httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject RE: Replacement of WARNING.NT proposed
Date Sun, 05 Mar 2000 16:55:02 GMT

I think I've missed something.  This doesn't really say anything new.  I
think if we are going to replace the WARNING-NT.TXT file, it should be
with something simple like:

WARNING:  Although the Win32 release of Apache has been brought up to the
same standard as the Unix release, we do not recommend using it on the
Win9X series in a production environment.  These platforms were not
designed as server platforms, and do not support some of the features
required for a flexible, secure server.  These platforms are well suited
for testing the server and cgi-scripts.

That's enough to let people know that the Win32 release is finally up to
snuff, and that we are supporting Win9X, but we don't recommend using
them, because they may not be full-featured.

Ryan