httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject RE: Time for a 2.0o alpha.
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2000 20:31:29 GMT
On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Bill (who found it), Manoj (who may have broke it), I (who tripped on it),
> or some other yet unnamed party needs to see where the two extra or missing
> bytes on chunked encoding streams have popped up from.

I don't think this needs to be addressed before the alpha.  One of the
reasons problems like this are continuing to appear, is because there are
a minimum number of eyeballs looking at the code.  An alpha fixes that
problem and suggests that big bugs get squashed quicker.

Just because we release an alpha, doesn't mean we can't release another
alpha once more bugs are caught and killed  :-)

> It builds rather well on VC 5 for NT.  Other than that major stumbling
> block - I like the idea of a public alpha 2.0 as an ApacheCon kick off.
> Wish I could make it.

I would rather get the alpha out before ApacheCon.  That would give some
people a small opportunity to review the code before the conference.  That
might make some of the presentations about Apache 2.0 more meaningful to
some of the attendees.

Ryan