httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject 2.0 bug reports
Date Sat, 11 Mar 2000 05:31:53 GMT
It is pretty useless to fill up a completly neglected bugdb that can't be
updated with 2.0 prs.

I know that everyone normally ignores them anyway, so it doesn't matter,
but 2.0 isn't going to go far if we don't fix the (completely expected and
normal) issues with it, and that is pretty hard to do without a bugdb...

No, gnats wasn't great but it worked.  Now it doesn't.  That is a HUGE
step backwards.  Who can fix this?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 11 Mar 2000 05:29:24 -0000
From: David Bauman <PhaseBurn@PhaseBurn.net>
To: submit@bugz.apache.org
Subject: os-windows/5857: NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make
    '".\include\explain.h"'

>Number:         5857
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make '".\include\explain.h"'
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Fri Mar 10 21:30:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     PhaseBurn@PhaseBurn.net
>Release:        2.0a1
NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make '".\include\explain.h"'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"c:\program files\devstudio\vc\bin\NMAKE.EXE"' : ret
urn code '0x2'
Stop.

NMAKE.EXE outputs this on a clean install of MSVC++ 5 and a clean download/unzip of Apache
2.0a1... I realize it's a alpha release, and I'm in no means in a hurry, but I wanted to make
you aware of this...
>How-To-Repeat:
Just try to build apache on a NT 5 machine...

the exact syntax I used is: nmake -f makefile.nt installr

Apache 2 source is located in C:\apache\src and that is where I ran the command.
>Fix:
No clue... I'm not too good of a programmer :-(