httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Finch <...@dotat.at>
Subject Re: Server auto-reconfiguration
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2000 01:45:26 GMT
Dean Gaudet <dgaudet-list-new-httpd@arctic.org> wrote:

>so far the only case mentioned has been adding a vhost, and the mass
>vhosting + .htaccess seems to solve most of that.  there's some odd cases
>where things such as Alias don't work in .htaccess files, which could use
>some rationalising.  then users can control their entire vhost from
>.htaccess.

Yes, that was one of the main motivations for it in the first place.
One of the vapourware ideas we discussed at the con was greater
administrative control over .htaccess files: the administrator could
specify exactly which directives were allowed instead of the rough
categories provided by the AllowOverride directive, and modules should
eb able to add their own categories.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch    fanf@demon.net    dot@dotat.at