httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Padwa, Daniel" <daniel.pa...@gs.com>
Subject RE: Time for a 2.0o alpha.
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2000 20:34:18 GMT
Quick README and INSTALL docs describing how to build and install the kit
would probably be helpful.   Combined, perhaps, with cleaning up some of the
5 other README files in the top level directory, several of which are out of
date.

I just started playing with the 2.0 code yesterday after not trying for a
couple of months.   The documentation (mostly various README files) was
enough to get me going  but there is still a lot of confusing (and downright
obsolete) information in there.

Along the same lines, a list of things known not to work yet in 2.0 would be
nice.

Don't get me wrong - this isn't a criticism of the snapshot tarballs.
Just a suggestion as to something that would take a couple of hours from
someone knowledgeable in the code that would let a lot more people alpha
test it productively.

- Danny

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Bloom [mailto:rbb@ntrnet.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2000 2:50 PM
To: new-httpd@apache.org
Subject: Time for a 2.0o alpha.

Okay, I am finally in SF, and I'm not going anywhere until ApacheCon,
1.3.12 has been released, and we haven't received many bug reports yet. I
would like to release an alpha for 2.0 on March 5th, that is this Sunday.
I think 2.0 is stable enough for a release, and we need more people
focusing on it if we are ever going to release it officially.

If we do decide to release an alpha, I volunteer to do whatever is
necessary to make this a reality.  :-)

Ryan

Conference!!!   <http://ApacheCon.Com/>

___
2121 Stonehenge Dr. Apt #3
Raleigh, NC 27615		Ryan Bloom -- thinker, adventurer, artist,
				     writer, but mostly, friend.
---