httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Marr <gr...@alum.wpi.edu>
Subject RE: [patch 2.0] htdigest Linkage mechanisims
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2000 19:39:16 GMT
At 02:17 PM 03/30/2000, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> > MS puts it there by default on all new projects... really annoying.
>
>If this is the sole reason, then we kill it.  I'm also not sure that
>/D
>"_CONSOLE" does anything for us.

I can't find anything in the VC help that says what _CONSOLE does,
only that _CONSOLE should be defined for console apps, and _WINDOWS
for windows appe, and I can't find any uses of it in the header
files.  Since I don't know exactly what it does, I wouldn't be
comfortable removing it.

> > >add the map output for debugging gp faults and user bug reports...
> > >   # ADD LINK32 +
> > > /map:"../build/win32/release/support/htdigest/htdigest.map"
> >
> > Can't you just use /map, since the default name is the same as the
> > exe, just with a different extension?
>
>Possibly.  I've been meaning to take a look at how flexible the build
>environment is in accepting $() parms within the editing blocks.  Who
>knows, that might resolve a whole set of issues, in itself.

You shouldn't need $(), just leave off the filename and let the
compiler generate it for you.

--
Greg Marr
gregm@alum.wpi.edu