httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Marr <>
Subject Re: [patch 2.0] htdigest Linkage mechanisims
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2000 18:42:39 GMT
At 07:15 PM 03/29/2000, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>Perhaps it's time for a walk through of the matter, (like people keep
>saying, code is the meat) so let's take a simple patch, htdigest,
>won't compile today anyway.  I hope this explains the whys of my
>with a -real world- example.
>We change some compiler directives [don't know why /D "_MBCS" was in
>in the first place; left it alone]

MS puts it there by default on all new projects... really annoying.

>add the libraries that are _actually used...
>   # ADD LINK32 + libcmt.lib oldnames.lib apr.lib ws2_32.lib
>tell the linker that's all the libraries...
>   # ADD LINK32 + /nodefaultlib

I still don't see the need for this.  It's been my experience that a
conflict in linking between libcmt and msvcrt is generally because
some files are compiled assuming static c library and some with

>add the map output for debugging gp faults and user bug reports...
>   # ADD LINK32 +
> /map:"../build/win32/release/support/htdigest/"

Can't you just use /map, since the default name is the same as the
exe, just with a different extension?

Greg Marr
"We thought you were dead."