httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Marr <gr...@alum.wpi.edu>
Subject Re: [patch:revision] APR 2.0 - linkage mechanisms
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2000 02:42:21 GMT
At 05:25 PM 3/28/00 -0500, Bill Stoddard wrote:
> > Is anyone *not* in favor of eliminating the .mak files and invoking
> (command
> > line) msdev from makefile.win instead?
>
>I am not in favor of eliminating the win32 make files. Why start msdev
>just to run a compile? Bleh.

You can use msdev.exe to build from a DSW/DSP without actually opening up
the IDE, just like you use NMAKE.

msdev /?
Usage:
   MSDEV [myprj.dsp|mywksp.dsw]  - load project/workspace
         [<filename>]            - load source file
         /?                      - display usage information
         /EX <macroname>         - execute a VBScript macro
         /OUT <filename>         - redirect command line output to a file
         /USEENV                 - ignore tools.options.directories settings
         /MAKE [<target>] [...]  - build specified target(s)
               [[<project>|ALL] - [DEBUG|RELEASE|ALL]]
               /CLEAN            - delete intermediate files but don't build
               /REBUILD          - clean and build
               /NORECURSE        - don't build dependent projects