httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Marr <gr...@alum.wpi.edu>
Subject RE: Win32 Workspace (was Build Structure)
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2000 14:07:09 GMT
At 11:46 AM 03/21/2000, William Rowe wrote:
>Cool idea - in fact that's what I run here.  My file's attached.
>It's home is apache-2.0/src, although I keep my own out of the
>project tree entirely.
>
>However... you end up with simply a .dsw workspace.  The .dsw wraps
>our existing .dsp files.  Using the export makefile(s) generates the
>individual make files, en masse, not a single global (under VC5).
>I know i'm just getting up to speed on all the depends, includes and
>links myself.  So please double check the dependencies; I would have
>really appreciated a .dsw right off the bat to get up to speed!

I've gotten some preliminary stuff done, but ran into a
wall.  DevStudio won't export a .mak for a makefile project, and I
was using a makefile project with dependencies for getting everything
built and copied.  I've had some other thoughts on how this might
work that I'm planning to check out tonight.

--
Greg Marr
gregm@alum.wpi.edu