httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Marr <gr...@alum.wpi.edu>
Subject RE: Win32 Build Structure
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2000 15:23:09 GMT
I finally got a chance to download and build Apache 2.0 on my NT box
last night.  I was wondering about the makeup of the build
system.  The top-level Makefile.nt is just an NMAKE makefile, and
there is no workspace, while all of the subprojects it calls are mak
files generated from .DSP files, each with their own workspace (or at
least some with their own workspace.)

Is there any reason that the top-level makefile is not also a DSP,
with an exported .mak?  If done properly, using project dependencies,
this would get rid of all that %SHORT% %LONG%  garbage that has been
giving people problems over the last couple days.  I'd be willing to
generate the DSP and DSW for this if there is interest, and if there
aren't any technical reasons not to.  I much prefer building from the
IDE than building from the command line, so I built a makefile
project that wraps Makefile.nt, and the DSW for that project.  If
nothing else, I can contribute those.

--
Greg Marr
gregm@alum.wpi.edu