httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: layered I/O (was: cvs commit: ...)
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2000 16:54:52 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:
> > 2)  Modules that write out to the
> > network have to return STOP_HANDLERS.  Note, this is a change from what I
> > committed.
>
> This is in reference to processors, correct? Could we just add a new hook
> for them? Rather than using STOP_HANDLERS, the network-writer could just
> be HOOK_REALLY_LAST.

This whole thing is puzzling me - an I/O layer isn't a handler at all,
IMO - the last I/O layer is last by virtue of, err, being last in the
chain. Writing to the network _by definition_ should stop further
layering, because the next layer doesn't get called.

Cheers,

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html