httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Travis <jtra...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: DSO Patch 1 of 3 (+ commentary!)
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2000 17:38:23 GMT
rbb@apache.org wrote:

> I am convinced this is not necessary in APR.  I believe I have convinced
> Jon that this is true as well.  Basically, we call ap_strerr() and it
> calls the right thing under the covers.
>
> Ryan
>
> On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 11:44:30AM -0600, Jon Travis wrote:
> > > Perhaps some generic facilities could be put into place that would be more
> > > thread-safe, etc.  I.e. ap_set_lasterror() and ap_get_lasterror(), which would
> > > return that information in a per-thread basis.  I'd be perfectly content with
> > > something like this.
> >
> > If we go down this road, I'd strongly prefer per-object errors.
> > (ap_file_t->get_errno()). Buff does this, for example.

Doing this requires that you have some sort of data object, which may or may not
makes sense depending on which portion of APR you are working with.  What immediately
comes to mind is the ap_dso_init() function, which really takes no arguments.  I
admit we could, for the sole purpose of logging errors, etc.  Just something to think
about (i.e. requiring more objects all over)

-- Jon