httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: FreeBSD core'ing.
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2000 19:25:26 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:

> I have been able to figure out why FreeBSD is core'ing with Apache 2.0.
> Or if not core'ing, is at least not running.  We are choosing the wrong
> locking mechanism for FreeBSD.  We should be using flock or fcntl, but APR
> is choosing SYSVSEM.  I'll be looking into this verys oon, unless somebody
> else wants to fix it.  :->

That's only half an answer, though, surely SYSVSEM should work on
FreeBSD even if it isn't appropriate?

I assume this means there's aither a fault in the error reporting or in
SYSVSEM which should be fixed _before_ switching FreeBSD to using
another method?

BTW ... damn! I'd come to this conclusion before and forgotten about it.

Cheers,

Ben.

--
SECURE HOSTING AT THE BUNKER: http://www.thebunker.net/hosting.htm