httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: A couple of important features for 2.0
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2000 16:42:25 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:
> 3)  Inter-module communication.  Basically, what EAPI does for 1.3.  I
> need to look into what this means in much more detail.  I'll post more
> when I understand the request.  (I'm not sure the IOL doesn't handle this,
> but I'll look into it and post more ASAP).

I'd also like to hear the background to the request. One concern I have
with this is that full generality will lead to an undisciplined,
unmaintainable mess. It seems far more sensible to me to figure out what
modules want to use this for and add more hooks to the core to enable
them to do it in a disciplined and module-independent way.

BTW +1 on IO Layering.

Cheers,

Ben.

--