httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eli Marmor <mar...@elmar.co.il>
Subject Re: WebDAV and ap_os_canonical_filename()
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2000 20:26:13 GMT
> It seems like we need a NoFoldType argument that specifies (case
> insensitive) which extensions are folded and which are not.

Yes, it reminds me a VERY ugly patch I did to support virtual files
(which don't really exist, but the returned content is decided by
decoding their "name"). I inserted something like:

<SORRY, UGLY, PLEASE DON'T FLAME...>

if (!(test_filename = strrchr(r->filename, '.')) || strcasecmp(test_filename, ".b64"))

</SORRY, UGLY, PLEASE DON'T FLAME...>

before the ap_os_canonical_filename() call, at http_request.c (the
"patch" is based on 1.3.12).

Having a special directive, we can replace the strcasecmp() by a loop of
call to strcasecmp(), for each of the NoFoldType extensions, and only if
none matches the extension, call ap_os_canonical_filename().

I suggest to call it "AddNoFoldType", rather than just "NoFoldType".

--
Eli Marmor