httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>
Subject Re: mod_proxy and buff.c
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2000 18:29:20 GMT
Separately caching header and body seems most flexible to me, and
doesn't require a new function in buff.c, but does raise perf concerns
under heavy loads. There is the possibility of writing
ap_bgets_with_header() or something for this purpose, that would read
the header and body to separate buffers, and save the extra read.

Read() and write() should be avoided here. I've gotten in trouble about
this before. 8^)

--
Chuck
Chuck Murcko