httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: Connection status docs.
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2000 02:25:16 GMT
On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 06:14:43PM -0500, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> Well, until we get some docs, so that we all understand what it is
> supposed to do, nobody can really even flesh it out.

The major problems with the connection status stuff now are:

- We need a better way to deal with multiple requests per connection.
  The functions are really simple right now because I didn't want to
  maintain complicated structures in shared memory, but this means
  that it's harder to eliminate status data on a connection  that only
  pertains to old requests. Maybe it's time to implement the status
  table with message passing instead...

- There just needs to be more use of the table. All you need to do is
  find a place where you want to add some per-connection status data,
  and call ap_update_connection_status(). Search for such a call in
  http_protocol.c for an example.