httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: layered I/O (was: cvs commit: ...)
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2000 03:27:12 GMT
>btw -- last time i profiled apache, the two-copy stuff wasn't at the top
>of the profile.  the top of the profile was strcasecmp() as a result of
>the table data structure.

Absolutely.  That's what the big change was that I wanted to do last
Friday -- replace all of the table routines with a header field ADT
so that all of the internals could be replaced by symbolic manipulation
of tokenized value-lists.  Likewise for methods, status codes, and
any other fields that should be configuration-defined constant strings.

....Roy