httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: libltdl?
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2000 00:02:22 GMT
Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> To take an APR tarball (OK, this doesn't exist now, but it will) and
> build it won't require autoconf or libtool, because their output would
> be included. This is only an issue for developers checking out from
> the CVS tree.

I'm not sure about that. Since APR is a library, when it's ported
to other platforms, libtool will need to be included so it can
be "library-ized" correctly for that platform. Same reason why
PHP4 uses libtool. So autoconf won't be required, but libtool
will have to be, iff APR becomes it's own seperate entity.

As of right now, we use libtool only to figure out how to do DSO,
and that's not really what it's designed to do. Well, not it's
main reason for being :)

                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"