httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Havard" <bri...@kheldar.apana.org.au>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/dso/os2 Makefile.in dso.c dso.h
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2000 01:53:34 GMT
On Mon, 27 Mar 2000 18:29:59 +0100, David Reid wrote:

>That's true, and I'll fix it before too long.  Also I think some changes to
>the way the types are defined may be in order, but I'll let you know about
>that.

Also, shouldn't there be a cleanup that unloads the module?

One other thing, the OS/2 API call DosLoadModule() returns a valuable
piece of information on failure, the name of the module that failed to
load. When loading a DLL, that DLL may depend on a whole chain of other
DLLs, any one of which may fail. Knowing which one did can save a whole
lotta time.

In 1.3, this information is put in the static error string for later
retrieval by ap_os_dso_error(). For APR I'm thinking that it could be
stored in the dso_handle_t for later retrieval by a suitable accessor
function.

Would this apply to any other platforms?