httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David Reid" <da...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: DSO Patch 1 of 3 (+ commentary!)
Date Sun, 26 Mar 2000 21:57:13 GMT
I've just committed a first pass at this is lib/apr/dso instead of
misc.

I removed the assert code as I don't think that in the dso code is the
right place for it.

Also, to keep the complexity down for the first pass I removed the
debug code.  No other APR returns an error string  so I removed it from
these as well.  It can be easily added back in if we feel we want it.
Maybe we should add in an ap_dso_error call to get the error code as
per 1.3?

Until we're happy that it builds OK in a few places then I won't add it
to the list of modules built automatically.  Add 'dso' to the module
list at the top of configure.in, then rerun autoconf and configure and
it should be built.  I only tested it on BeOS as that's the easiest for
me and I've been up since 4am this morning!

I've written a basic test program but it's not yet finished so I didn't
commit it.  Hopefully I'll get it done tomorrow.

No doubt there will be a lot of comments :)

d.