httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/standard mod_cgi.c mod_include.c
Date Sun, 26 Mar 2000 19:14:46 GMT
On Sun, Mar 26, 2000 at 11:28:26AM -0500, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> This design was discussed off-line.  Like most commits here, code means
> more than talk, so I implemented it, assuming people would comment and
> change it as they saw fit.  I didn't doo all that much work, most of the
> work was debugging, not coding.  :-)

The general policy that I know of is to at least discuss major changes
on the list to get a feel from the group. Even if they don't like the
idea, you know going in to your work that they don't, and when others
see your patch, they can understand its design because you already
posted. Then, major functional patches are posted to the list for
discussion, and then committed if there isn't objection.