httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: null directives
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2000 07:59:14 GMT
On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 11:54:10PM -0800, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> Is it worth defining the core directives that have been removed
> from 2.0 (like ResourceConfig and AccessConfig) and assigning
> them to a null routine, just so that 1.3 config files work?
> Or is it better to have the error message, so that the user
> will know that we now only allow one config file?

Well, that partly depends on whether the 2.0 config file ends up
completely different or not. :) Assuming not...

If we were to make those two directives backward compatible, I'd alias
them to "Include" instead (with a warning in the logs), so they'd at
least work.

But, unless the server is also running in the same process model
(prefork), we'd probably want to force the admin to hack up the config
files anyway.