httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: 2.0 performance
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2000 03:50:51 GMT
In message <>, Manoj Kasichainula writes:
>On Thu, Mar 23, 2000 at 03:38:47PM -0600, Me at IO wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 23, 2000 at 10:08:22AM -0800, Mike Abbott wrote:
>> > 3.  Would you accept a new, extremely high performance MPM (and maybe
>> >     IOL) based on source code controlled by the Mozilla license?
>> >
>> > By "accept" I mean "include into a future official release of
>> > Apache/2.0."
>> -1 on MPL 1.0. -0.99 on MPL 1.1.
>Just now talked to Brian (who's now walking out to a meeting).  Here's
>what he says (paraphrased very, very badly):
>  -1. Mixing licenses hurts our positive momentum.

Hah! That's exactly what I was going to say (just catching up on my
new-httpd mail).  Over the last three years we have discussed at least
a hundred different ways to vastly improve the protocol parsing code
once we didn't have to worry about backwards compatibility and could
live with an immature parser for a few releases.  What is core will
be under the ASF license, because that's the only type of software that
we are going to want to maintain ourselves.

View raw message