httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject A hints file or more configure options?
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2000 00:46:14 GMT
I've been playing around with 2.0 on some older machines running
A/UX, my favorite hybrid system. Now A/UX prefers FLOCK mutex
rather than FCNTL (others may as well). Now I see 2 ways of
handling these: (1) some sort of hints file that primes the cache
as it were and (2) more flags/options to the various configure
scripts to allow people to bypass the "configure knows best"
selections :)

(1) might be a good idea no matter what. For example, again using
A/UX, CC needs to be gcc, CFLAGS needs to include -D_POSIX_SOURCE
and LIBS need to include -lposix and -lbsd. We determined a bunch
of these with 1.3, and it might be nice to have some sort
of mechanism to make this easier.

(2) also should be done, I guess, for completeness...

                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"