httpd-dev mailing list archives

From p.@sweng.stortek.com
Subject Re: OS/390 specific directory in 2.0
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2000 20:26:49 GMT
In a recent note, Jeff Trawick said:

> Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 15:18:32 -0500
>
> Looking at 1.3.12 (or so), the OS/390 directory has very little --
> some ASCII/EBCDIC support code, an OS-specific README, and a special
> untar script which handles the fact that there is text and binary in
> the tarballs you get from www.apache.org.
>
> I think there is still a need for a special place to put the few
> unique stuff.

Untar script, yes; source no.

> By the way... isn't src/os/bs2000 Martin's?  It contains very similar

I believe so.

> stuff (maybe there should be an ebcdic directory (only half serious)?).

I believe Martin suggested an EBCDIC _module_, not _directory_.
Theological distinction?

And, after Martin's suggestion that OS/390 is more like TPF than like
BS2000 (on which I based my first experiments), I put conditional
compilation in src/os/unix/* such as:

    #ifdef CHARSET_EBCDIC
    #include ../tpf/ebcdic.c    /* not very pretty */
    #endif

Is TPF yours?

-- gil
--