httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [Patch]: Make mod_rewrite use APR locking.
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2000 19:45:02 GMT
dumb questions:

1) the code changes are unrelated to the caveats you mentioned,
   so this is pure forward progress, right?  you're just
   saying that the environment in which you tested these changes
   was modified to work around other issues?

2) does mod_rewrite need to manage/specify the log file name
   (if indeed there is a lock file)?  apr knows whether or not
   there is an actual file and can make up a name when appropriate;
   a very minor issue, but I'm curious

The exit(1) in the init_module() flow ("ugly but I can't log
anything yet") looks a lot like the bail out that mod_mime does
when the mime types file isn't found.  I wonder how many other
precedents there are for init_module() passing the buck back
to the caller to figure out how to gracefully terminate.

          Born in Roswell... married an alien...