httpd-dev mailing list archives

From p.@sweng.stortek.com
Subject Re: OS/390 specific directory in 2.0
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2000 19:36:59 GMT
In a recent note, Jeff Trawick said:

> Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 14:18:57 -0500
>
> In 1.3 I see that there is src/os/os390...
>
> Any reason not to create src/os/os390 for 2.0?  I've seen
> comments about people moving code from src/os/* to APR,
> but surely there will always be src/os/various.

In an independent development effort (I was unaware of Ovies
Brabson's) I got 1.3.9 running with patches to src/os/unix
(some conditional compilation), rather than a separate os390
directory.  Martin Kraemer rather approved of this effort in
a private communication.  (After all, IBM says, "MVS _is_ UNIX" :-)
Ovies equally disapproved.  I don't know how this fits with
Martin's suggestion of an EBCDIC module.

I favor os390=unix.

-- gil
--
StorageTek