httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: A hints file or more configure options?
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2000 02:02:58 GMT
On Wed, Mar 22, 2000 at 07:46:14PM -0500, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> I've been playing around with 2.0 on some older machines running
> A/UX, my favorite hybrid system. Now A/UX prefers FLOCK mutex
> rather than FCNTL (others may as well). Now I see 2 ways of
> handling these: (1) some sort of hints file that primes the cache
> as it were

+1. This is necessary, because some of the choices in 1.3 were made
solely for performance reasons. I guess we could test this in the
configure stage, but I'd rather not. :)

I don't know if it should take the form of a hints file, hardcoded
into configure.in, or whatever, but it should be done.

> (2) more flags/options to the various configure
> scripts to allow people to bypass the "configure knows best"
> selections :)

Sure. Actually, I think you're always supposed to be able to say:

ac_blah_blah_blah=no ./configure --blah_blah