httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/locks/unix crossproc.c
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2000 15:05:32 GMT
rbb@apache.org wrote:

> The commit I made later last night takes care of this problem.  If we did
> without cleaning up after the last commit, then we are really SOL.
>
> Ryan

Let me look it over. It looks like we're just setting up a callback/cleanup
function that removes the sem. That's good when Apache dies naturally.
Sometimes though, when it dies quite nastily (sp? :) ) those cleanups
aren't called (for example, a kill -9) and so those sems stay
around. We could store the semid away somewhere and remove that
during the cleanup as well, and when Apache starts see if that
stored entry is still around. If so, then the sem wasn't removed
and Apache can grab the semid and then delete it. But I gotta look
into the permission things for that... Also, it means creating
a file for that storage, though maybe we could shove it in the PID
file or something.
                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"