httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: _selfish_ NT development requests
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2000 21:03:07 GMT
On Tue, Mar 14, 2000 at 12:06:29AM -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> The problem, though, is that the
> precompiled header of the core source files #define'ing CORE_PRIVATE is not
> compatible with the header of the core source files that don't define it.

> I have a somewhat radical thought to solve it... is it unreasonable ACROSS
> ALL PLATFORMS to compile the core binary with a define directive
> (-dCORE_PRIVATE) rather than #define'ing it at the top of specific modules?

This sounds ugly to me. I agree with Bill here.

But, would it be just as effective to separate out the CORE_PRIVATE
stuff into separate header files? This was something Ryan and I talked
about doing a while back when we were revamping the header files, but
no one has gotten around to it.

We wanted to do this because it just looks and feels cleaner to have a
set of headerfiles containing nothing but the API. It sounds like this
will help you as well, and not add ickiness to the build process.

- Manoj
... now with furniture!