httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <>
Subject Re: configure --prefix???
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2000 15:19:05 GMT

In article <> you wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 04, 2000 at 03:52:38PM -0000, David Reid wrote:
>> Yeah, it works for me if I run with "configure --prefix=..." as the initial
>> configure, but if I first do a plain old "configure" then try to reconfigure
>> with "configure --prefix=..." then it fails to reset the prefix value.
> Hmmm. We probably need to add a global dependancy in the Apache
> section of the tree on the apaci script (why is it called apaci?).

APACI stands for _AP_ache _A_auto_C_onf-style _I_nterface. Two years ago
I needed a short name for it which described that it is a "configure"
mechanism for Apache but which is not really GNU autoconf. So I quickly
coined APACI to have a name at short name at hand for discussions...

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall

View raw message