httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject I cannot attend AC2K... :-(
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2000 12:03:13 GMT

Sorry for the late information, but until today I still hoped my
ApacheCon attendance is not affected and I don't wanted to post unsure
facts last week. But now its sure that my ApacheCon 2000 attendance I
can finally forget.

Because two days after our wedding, I had two bilious attacks last week,
followed by regular gastric troubles and fever flushes (please don't
say "haha, just married and immediately sick" - it's really far away
from being funny). I stayed at home the whole last week and although
today I feel again a lot better than the last days, my doctor this
morning strongly advised me to cancel the trip to Orlando, stay at home
for a few more days, take my tablets and avoid any excitements. And
especially because I already had a bilious attack a few months ago and
since these days regular gastric troubles, I will not treat this advise
lightly - although the whole situation makes me very doleful :-(

So, sorry, but I cannot meet you all at ApacheCon 2000 this week. Please
understand that my health has to be first priority for me. I know that
this at least makes trouble for the ApacheCon planners, because we now
have a little session gap at Friday morning. I hope our conference
committee can either find a last-minute replacement for my session or at
least the people who already showed interest in my SSL session are not
too disappointed by the fact that the session has to be dropped.

Nevertheless I wish us all the best in making AC2K successfully this
week, even if not anything happens as expected.

If you await a mail from me these days, please be more patient than
usually, because I'll be not in front of my computer as often as usual,
of course.

See you at another occasion...

Yours,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall