httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: Time for a 2.0o alpha.
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2000 23:00:54 GMT
On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 02:50:08PM -0500, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> Okay, I am finally in SF, and I'm not going anywhere until ApacheCon,
> 1.3.12 has been released, and we haven't received many bug reports yet. I
> would like to release an alpha for 2.0 on March 5th, that is this Sunday.
> I think 2.0 is stable enough for a release, and we need more people
> focusing on it if we are ever going to release it officially.
>
> If we do decide to release an alpha, I volunteer to do whatever is
> necessary to make this a reality.  :-)

Things we need to do before an alpha:

- new bugdb. A couple of people have talked about installing Bugzilla
  on locus. If they don't have the time, I'm willing to give it a
  shot. There are a few people at work who can help me figure it out.

Things I'd like to see done before an alpha

- Eliminate the old configuration system, and move the new one down a
  level, so that we aren't even more confusing than 1.3 and cding into
  src isn't required to build

- Fix the stupid chunking bug. I'd like to fix this before
  the alpha release because I imagine that 3rd-party module developers
  will start porting their work to 2.0 once they see an alpha, and I'd
  like to give them a fighting chance.

- Finish the module hook porting. We still have entries in the module
  table that ought to be hookified.

I can work on all of these, though I'd rather someone else did some of
it. :)