httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: Wrapping the regex functions for 2.0
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2000 00:26:44 GMT
On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 04:27:17PM -0800, Greg Stein wrote:
> Only if necessary. Please avoid wrappers if PCRE is already
> namespace-protected (it appears that it is).
Oh, well I didn't know that it already was namespace-protected; I
figured that all the regex libs has the same APIs. I shouldn't speak
out of ignorance so often. :)

> Throwing an extra layer wouldn't seem to add anything.

Actually, there is one advantage, which is that we can switch away
from PCRE later without breaking the API, though we'd probably break
configuration files and piss lots of people off in the process, so
it's not too likely anyway.