httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <>
Subject Re: [Patch 2.0] Win32 Build Structure
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2000 22:22:02 GMT

> > 1) Don't try aprlib.dll on installdll unless we want
> >    the headache - either strip ap_snprintf requirements,
> >    plan on linking in aprlib.dll to installdll (yuck),
> >    or tightly bind to the c code (not pleasent either).
> So basically the installer is broke for now.  Is that right?  How else can
> get the conf files built?

What exactly are you wanting to do? You don't need the installer to run
Apache on Windows. In fact, I have never used the installer, other than to
do testing of binary packages we put up on the website. Hand copy httpd.conf
(httpd.conf-dist-win), mime.types, et. al from apache-2.0/conf directory
into /apache/conf. nmake -f makefile.nt installd will install into directory

View raw message