httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "jlwpc1" <jlw...@earthlink.net>
Subject RE: Win32 utils diff etc
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2000 02:48:50 GMT

From: Jeff Trawick <trawickj@bellsouth.net>

> >What app will use this diff file.  I have diff for Win32 but can not find a
> >patch for Win32.
>
> I have diff and patch from CygWin32 (http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/).

The above is an Unix type emulation on Win32 but if you're tryin' to keep a clean pure Windows
(no other dlls but Windows) machine try:

"Here are some ports of common GNU utilities to native Win32. In this context,
 native means the executables do only depend on the Microsoft C-runtime
 (msvcrt.dll) and not an emulation layer like that provided by Cygwin tools."

 http://www.weihenstephan.de/~syring/win32/UnxUtils.html

The following program versions are covered:

      bc-1.05
      bison-1.28
      bzip2-0.9.0b (not GNU)
      diffutils-2.7
      fileutils-3.16
      findutils-4.1
      flex-2.5.4
      gawk-3.0.3
      grep-2.3
      gsar110
      gzip-1.2.4
      indent-2.2.0
      less-340
      m4-1.4
      make-3.77
      patch-2.4
      recode-3.5
      rman-3.0.7
      sed-3.02
      shellutils-1.9.4
      tar-1.12
      textutils-2.0
      wget-1.5.2
      which-2.4

The only bad thing is that he hasn't released the sources yet.  <sigh> Though we hear
they're a comin' (soon I hope).

Enjoy,
JLW