httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "jlwpc1" <>
Subject RE: Compilation on Windows
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2000 02:47:24 GMT

> Well, the echo works.  However, it still does not get past that point when
> compiling.  I changed all the ENV VAR's in the Makefile to the actual words
> and ran into other issues.  At this point I am going to hang back and wait
> for a more updated release.  This last error I got said it could not include
> windows.h even though I know it is in the PATH.
> Brian Moon

Win9x simple answer - before typing make -fwhatever type this on the commandline:

set LONG=Release                  <push enter key>
and then in the same console/window type at the commandline:

nmake.exe -f makefile.nt _apacher

If you need other defines repeat above replace set LONG=Release with what you need like OS

These commandline set defines only belong to the console/window you type them in. If you want
all console/windows to access the defines put them in autoexec.bat.

Hope it helps for now,

View raw message