httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <stodd...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: hook registration & DSO reloads
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2000 16:26:34 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <rbb@apache.org>
To: <new-httpd@apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2000 10:45 AM
Subject: Re: hook registration & DSO reloads

> On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Bill Stoddard wrote:
>
> > > Before we accept this patch, can we figure out why we need/want the
> > > pre-config hook?
> > This patch fixes a problem that the pre-config hook happend to choke on.
The
> > problem remains, even if we ditch the pre-config hook.
>

> Huh?  What else chokes on this?
The problem is not just with pre_config hools. The problem affects all DSO
hooks.  I made several posts a month or so ago about this.  Because of
config file pre-flight reading during start-up, DSOs are loaded, hooks
registered, unloaded (but hooks not unregistered, which is the problem),
loaded then registered again.  So there are registered hook pointers
pointing to routines in unloaded DSOs. This is a problem.

Bill