httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: [patch 2.0] htdigest Linkage mechanisims
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2000 19:17:58 GMT

If this is the sole reason, then we kill it.  I'm also not sure that /D
"_CONSOLE" does anything for us.

> >add the libraries that are _actually used...
> >   # ADD LINK32 + libcmt.lib oldnames.lib apr.lib ws2_32.lib
> >
> >tell the linker that's all the libraries...
> >   # ADD LINK32 + /nodefaultlib
>
> I still don't see the need for this.  It's been my experience that a
> conflict in linking between libcmt and msvcrt is generally because
> some files are compiled assuming static c library and some with
> dynamic.
>
> >add the map output for debugging gp faults and user bug reports...
> >   # ADD LINK32 +
> > /map:"../build/win32/release/support/htdigest/htdigest.map"
>
> Can't you just use /map, since the default name is the same as the
> exe, just with a different extension?

Possibly.  I've been meaning to take a look at how flexible the build
environment is in accepting $() parms within the editing blocks.  Who
knows, that might resolve a whole set of issues, in itself.

We will need to set up something to package the .map's into the release
candidate, though, since we will need those *explicit* files to really
help troubleshoot offbeat bug reports.