httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject RE: WebDAV and ap_os_canonical_filename()
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2000 18:25:36 GMT
Forgive a stupid question?

I presume the java class files have their own .class extension (pure java is
not one of my strong suits)...

It seems like we need a NoFoldType argument that specifies (case
insensitive) which extensions are folded and which are not.

Now you are correct, windows will just cough back up WEBaccess if we set a
nofold on a specific type.  We have two options...

1) under windows - resolve the true name of the file (using FindFirstFile?)
and  deny the request if the case doesn't match.

2) under windows - fold the name to the true name of the file.

And three, all platforms, if the NoFoldType is set, treat the access
permissions as gospel with no folding whatsoever.

Does this make a bit of sense?

View raw message