httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: Tempnam(3), Tempfile(3) vs mktemp(3) on BSD
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2000 15:03:04 GMT
Straight from the SDK;

Anonymous Pipes
[...]
Windows NT/2000: Anonymous pipes are implemented using a named pipe with a
unique name. Therefore, you can often pass a handle to an anonymous pipe to
a function that requires a handle to a named pipe.

ergo, SetNamedPipeHandleState does accept a handle returned from CreatePipe.

I hope this is what you were looking for.

I will be looking at a fully async CGI implementation shortly (at least
under NT), if noone else beats me to it.  I'm not clear if the Linux port is
async, but it didn't appear to be, and seemed to lock also at 64KB
read+written.

I'd rather not muck with our own uniquified names unless we are running on
95/98.  If it's not there already I can throw together a version detection
patch to share a ap_win32_is_nt flag.

Bill