httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject (Probabaly foolish) os.c/os.h question
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2000 04:45:27 GMT
I've wrapped up modularizing ap and apr (at the package level, if not down
to individual components).  I'm a little stuck, so would someone help clue
me in to this?

It seems that os.c and os.h are dinosaurs.  (That's why we needed APR :~)
So much so, that the only thing left in the win32 are some declares to
util_win32 that belong in the ApacheCore project, and some threading I've
only found referenced by winnt.c.  I'm wondering where from here?

Q.1 - Should os.c (to win32 builds) be killed off entirely, with the code
      thrown into winnt.c until we use apr threads?  or...

Q.2 - Can we knock out the ApacheOS project, and leave os.c/os.h
	to be wrapped into the ApacheCore project?  They just doesn't
	seem to call for a library.

Q.3 - Is this the end for os.c/os.h?  Were they to be sqaushed by APR?

Thanks in advance for explanations and thoughts.

Bill