httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject RE: Apache 2.0 alpha. (again) :)
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2000 14:17:43 GMT

Just one thought - if apr is the Apache Portable Runtime, then all the
functions under discussion are definately runtime functions that will be
portable and interest the ASF communities.  But if they defy inclusion under
the apr banner, why don't we simply move them to src/main - src/include and
bind them to the kernal rather than go to the headache of creating a library
for them?

Add one more of my list todo - apr's .def file needs to be revised if only
to prevent recompilation of every third party .dll for each release of
aprlib.dll.    This standardization alone is enough justification to simply
move these functions to the apr, unless we are committed to maintaining
backwards compatibility within an apache version 2.x family (I don't
personally care that 2.1 is backwards compatible to 2.0, but 2.0.2 aught to
stay compatible with 2.0.1).

View raw message