httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: Win32 Workspace (was Build Structure)
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2000 16:46:49 GMT
Cool idea - in fact that's what I run here.  My file's attached.
It's home is apache-2.0/src, although I keep my own out of the
project tree entirely.

However... you end up with simply a .dsw workspace.  The .dsw wraps
our existing .dsp files.  Using the export makefile(s) generates the
individual make files, en masse, not a single global (under VC5).
I know i'm just getting up to speed on all the depends, includes and
links myself.  So please double check the dependencies; I would have
really appreciated a .dsw right off the bat to get up to speed!

I don't know if VC6 behaves differently in these respects than VC5.
Whatever we do, we should not abandon maintaining makefile.win, though.
It's the sure fire way to make sure the thing builds, regardless of
how the user bashed their DevStudio environment.  (Just pray that the
vcvars32.bat file isn't trashed as well.)

Bill